Saturday, September 20, 2008

Greetings from OKC!

I can hardly believe that we have a blog!  So many want to be kept up to date with what is happening with us, that this is the most time effective way!  And you all know how much time that we have here in the Williams Family!
So to get you started, I'll give a brief synopsis of what we've been up to, and what are plans are for the coming months!
James continues to run his studio, BWG out of our house!  It has a down side (not regular hours during the week, late nights and all nighters sometimes) but the benefits well out weigh the irregularity!  Also his weekend work continues with LifeChurch.tv, as the audio engineer for the Edmond Campus worship for the Internet Campus.  He's been with that position since the start of the Internet Campus in March 2006.  He now only works there on Saturday afternoon and early evenings.  Sundays he is on the technical staff for Crossings Community Church.  His main responsibility is to mix the 10:45 service in the gym.  This is both for the worship service and the preaching.  Sometime in the next year he will be changing positions and doing the audio for a live broadcast of the services over the internet.  Similar to what he is already doing at LifeChurch.tv.  He also serves at Crestwood Baptist, where we are members, on the Sunday evening worship team.  He gets to use his drumming and percussion skills to bring God glory during the evening worship service.  
As for me, I am doing several things that I love.  Most importantly being a Nanny for a wonderful family in Moore, Oklahoma.  Mikal and Hale (pronounced Hailey) Sommerdorf are both active duty Air Force, recently transferred from Elmendorf AFB in Alaska.  They were stationed here when Tylur (9) was born and then transferred to Elmendorf in 2004.  Hale found out during the move that she was pregnant again (total miracle, and unexpected too) and Caden was born Christmas eve.  When Caden was 4 days old he was having regular seizures and later received a diagnosis of Cerebral Palsy and idiopathic seizure disorder.  I used to think that caring full time for a child with special needs would be very taxing.  I learned instead that caring for him is especially rewarding.  He has the most wonderful smile and laugh!  As for it being difficult?  He does have a very specific diet and schedule, but once you get into the routine, it is 10 times easier to care for Caden than it was when I cared for a more active 3 year old when I nannied in Virginia.  As for Tylur, he is so much fun to have around!  He is an awesome big brother, and so polite and responsible for only being 9!  I sometimes forget that he isn't in college already, only the 4th grade!  I told Hale the other day that my day is only 5% work and 95% fun.  I've been so blessed by them, that I eagerly get up at 5 or 5:30 most weekdays just because I can't wait to be with them!!!
In a few weeks I'll also be starting a small cooking school.  I am already a Pampered Chef consultant, so having the tools that I used during the classes available for purchase is very natural.  I have two different classes starting in October, on on Friday nights and the other on Saturday mornings.  They will be 1 1/2 hours for a 4 week session.  It's exciting as the classes are both quickly being booked!
In addition, I am a licensed agent for Farmer's Insurance.  I work under an agent out of Norman, Oklahoma, and cover the metro area.  Mostly this requires managing on my part, I am in the process having a few people doing most of the leg work and I can meet for the appointments.  Ground work is being laid now, and it should be functional in October.
At Crestwood, I am so blessed to work with the children on Wednesday nights.  I have recently accepted the calling to be the Children's Ministries Director.  Which most of the time is coordinating the other volunteers that make this ministry so successful.  I am currently teaching the 5th and 6th grades, filling in because Tiffany Tullis, the regular teacher just had her second little girl last Saturday September 13!   Also, I am doubly blessed to serve on the praise team on Sunday mornings.  What an amazing time!  I have been able to grow so much in both the gift of music and the privilege of worshipping God, authentically and freely.  I am so thankful that God allows me to be a blessing to others also.
Well, that's it for now.  Please be in prayer for my family in the Houston area.  Since hurricane Ike hit, they've been without power.  I also ask you to pray for healing for my Grandmother, Ruth Ritter.  She suffers with COPD and other related problems.  Also for my Aunt Kim and her husband Carl.  He suffered another heart attack shortly after the storm.  Thank you so much for your prayers.
Love to you all!
Victoria aka Vickie

No comments: